Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Importance of Pithiness

"All our discontents about what we want appeared to me to spring from the want of thankfulness for what we have." Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe

The above is just an example of what I've stated in the title. Isn't it funny how one succint sentence can hit home in a moment what an entire chapter or book is trying to explain?

I love pithy quotations.

And p.s. we'll have to indefinitely postpone/cancel the thoughts on the emperor's new clothes thing. I'm planning a wedding now! :) I miss the time to think and talk and read - but not as much as I desire to marry this man God has given me. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Negus said...

hehe, way to be honest, Kelly! I'm excited for you, and still so sad I don't get to see you walk down the aisle.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Laura,

I'm out of the loop! Why won't you be able to come?

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked that book because I had a poor reason why, now I really know why. I've struggled much in my walk with Christ, often putting my own ambitions first and I've seen the consequences which were nothing less than feeling alone, ashamed, defiled. Christ seems so real. His purpose, undeniably justified. Thanks Kelly.
-Brent Shambaugh

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home