Sunday, January 30, 2005

IMHO

We made it back from San Angelo safely (and in only 6 hours!). Aaron, Kelly Rose and I listened to the Modesty Basement Tape from the people at the Highlands Study Center.

So, of course, Kelly and I chatted and chatted about all the possible implications, situations, sins, misunderstandings, possibilities, hopes, habits and fears concerning this issue. It was fun.

Modesty is a bigger issue than I'd thought and (after hearing this tape for the fourth time or so) it was a blessing to be able to connect love and modesty. I am called to love God and love others. How can I do that when I'm so self-absorbed that I don't care about pretty much anyone but myself (which is a tendency true to my nature as a corrupted creature whose loyalty and worship, without outside intervention from Christ, is limited to myself)?

This swarm of thoughts cleared when Aaron pointed out (with his characteristic economy of words) that we are sinners and hopelessly selfish without Christ's bountiful grace. I need more of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, there you are! I knew you were out here somewhere in blogdom, but I lost your link! I'd enjoy hearing more about the Modesty series, if you have anything more specific you'd like to share on it.
:-)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home