Thursday, February 10, 2005

NEWS!

I'm engaged!! Mr. Aaron Payne is going to be my husband! :)

It's been a busy week. And in a week and half I'll be leaving for Peru for 3 months. So, here are a couple questions: answer #1, #2 or #3, or all three for extra credit.

1) Should communion be served only to those who have displayed some level of understanding of the sacrament? (I.e., should there be any requirement for communion but being a part of the covenant community?)

2) If you're married, what one piece of advice do you wish someone had given you? If you're not married, what do you want to know?

3) Which books should I take with me to Peru and why?

2 Comments:

Blogger OneoftheServens said...

1) Ah, ask the internet....excellent...
2) 100% of all household accidents occur in the home
3) Calvin's Institutes, Battles edition
4) Vintage clothing - hot in Peru

7:49 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

1) Heh heh, you already know my answer to that, but in order to let others know, my favorite part of the communion service is when the pastor holds up the bread and wine and says, "These are the gifts of God for the people of God. Take them in remembrance that Christ died for you, and feed on him in your hearts by faith,
with thanksgiving." I think that anyone who fits the category People of God, i.e. is baptized, and can obey Jesus' command to take and eat, should.2) Umm, probably too much to go into here - I'll try to narrow it down while you're in Peru. ;-)

3) Have you read Nancy Wilson's books from the family series? Those are great preparation for your next calling. Other than that and obviously your Bible, I think you should take something that you consider easy or relaxing reading, just in case you need a break that way.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home