Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thanks Lisa

It's 6:17. I'm supposed to be going with Patti to her church in 40 minutes and I'm still at Andrew's doing nothing on his computer. I wish I could say that I'm really excited about going, meeting new people, worshiping and fellowshiping with other believers, practicing my Spanish, bla bla bla. But I'm not.

What is it about meeting new people, or even being around people who you aren't totally comfortable with? Why do I feel so drained? So uncomfortable? So guilty? Why is it so natural to smile and pretend I'm at ease? Yuck.

Nonetheless, I'm going. Guess I better go and shower, eh?

6 Comments:

Blogger T*ny and R*se said...

Hey Kelly,
Thanks for being "real" on your blog. It IS easy to put on a face and say, "It's nice to meet you . . . [bla, bla, bla]" when I really don't mean it. I'm thinking of one such incident earlier tonight where I'd already decided I was meeting someone I'd rather see anywhere but inside my home (or, better yet, not at all). Nevertheless, there she was, standing in the entryway. What an ingracious hostess I can be! I saw cleavage (and way too much of it) and I wanted to smack the girl for showing off her wares in front of my husband!! OK, so I'm still riled up.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Just as I decided to smile and pretend about how I was feeling about going to church on Saturday night, I read your very honest post about running into old high school people. I realized I couldn't and shouldn't fake what's going on with me. I've got to be honest for the Gospel to really take root. So, thanks. :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger keely said...

Hey Kelly!
I talked to Amy and she said we could definitely use an extra hand this summer. She wanted to know when you would be back. I told her about 3 or 4 weeks. Am I correct?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Miss Puritan Chickie said...

Okay, so take this feeling and multiply it and then apply it to every time and situation where you talk to anyone outside of your immediate family/group of close friends. Now you understand what it's like to be me! Fun, isn't it?

I read somewhere that hypoglycemia can mess with your brain to cause unfounded phobias. I think I'll blame my current faults on that. ;)

11:14 AM  
Blogger keely said...

keelysteger@yahoo.com

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home